NEWS AND EVENTS
February 16, 2016
Uzbekistan discusses draft Rules of E-commerce
The Single portal of state interactive services has published the draft Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan \"On approval of Rules of electronic commerce in the Republic of Uzbekistan\". The discussion is open until 28 February 2016.
The document defined that:
- contract drawn up with the use of information systems, is equivalent to the contract, made in writing and signed by the parties, including those certified by the seals of the parties;
- no require to obtain a license upon delivery of the goods with own vehicle, except for the cases stipulated by the legislation;
- no require to obtain permits for the sale of goods, performing works and rendering services in the form of E-commerce;
According to the Decree, the Ministry of information technologies and communications of the Republic of Uzbekistan has been entrusted to form a consistently updated single registry of web sites and other electronic resources, enabling the conduction of E-commerce.
According to the document, the rules of Electronic commerce does not apply for:
- public procurement of goods, works and services carried out in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan on public procurement;
- transactions committed on the grounds of the organizer of trading, regulated in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the securities market;
- realization of the property and a deal, which is subject to notarial certification or state registration in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- realization of goods (works, services), which are banned or have other restrictions for free sale in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The regulation also lists the definitions of E-commerce entities, their rights and responsibilities, the organization of electronic trading platforms, the conclusion of the electronic contract and exchange of offer and acceptance, delivery and payment, as well as features of conducting export through E-commerce.