EMBASSY OF UZBEKISTAN TO THE UNITED STATES
NEWS AND EVENTS
2017
2016
2015
2014
2013
2012
2011
2010
2009
2008
2007
2006
2005
2004

 
NEWS AND EVENTS
August 19, 2009
GM Uzbekistan car output grows by 7.8% in Jan-Jul
The car output of GM Uzbekistan, a joint venture of US automaker General Motors (GM) and Uzbek automaker Uzavtoprom, rose 7.8% year-on-year to 108,426 units in January-July 2009.

The venture produced 47,739 Nexia cars, down 4.4% year-on-year and 36,248 Matiz compact cars, up 0.6% year-on-year.

GM Uzbekistan manufactured 13,185 Damas minivans, up 5.5% year-on-year; 684 Epica cars, down 27% year-on-year, and 673 Captiva SUVs, down about 29% year-on-year. The company also produced 9,997 Lacetti cars in the period, and did not produce Lacetti cars in January-July 2008.

In 2008, GM Uzbekistan’s car output increased 13.5% year-on-year to 195,038 units. GM Uzbekistan was set up in 2008. At present, GM holds 25% plus one share in the joint venture, while Uzavtoprom holds the remaining 75%.



www.UzDaily.com


Back

   Back to the top    Print version   
© 2004, Embassy of Uzbekistan to the United States.
All Rights Reserved.
 Design.uz Studio
Design.uz Studio
Site Development