NEWS AND EVENTS
November 30, 2015
14 sports schools of excellence to be created in Uzbekistan
On November 23, President of Uzbekistan signed a decree \"On creation of sports schools of excellence\". According to the document, 14 sports schools of excellence will have been established in 2016-2020 in the Republic of Karakalpakstan, all regions and Tashkent city.
The main activities of sports schools of excellence were identified as followed:
- Creation of a modern, meeting international requirements and standards material-technical and training base, equipped with the necessary sports facilities and equipment, and its effective use for the preparation of world-class athletes, who are able to represent worthily Uzbekistan in international competitions at various levels - the World and Asian Championships, Olympic and Asian Games, Universiades and other international and regional competitions;
- Strengthening of coaching and teaching staff of sports schools of excellence by involving qualified experts to train world-class athletes - coaches, psychologists and trainers, including leading experts from foreign countries;
- The organization of the training process of athletes at international standards, systematic improvement of the quality of the theoretical and technical-tactical training through the introduction of the latest scientific and methodological techniques in the training process taking into account best international practices;
- Maintaining close cooperation with youth sports schools, colleges of Olympic reserve on the selection and training of young promising athletes, providing them with educational and methodical assistance and regulatory information provision;
- The organization and regular holding of training camps of national teams and their reserves, national and regional sporting events on the basis of sports schools of excellence, the development of cooperation with foreign sports schools, clubs and centers for the exchange of experience to raise the professional level of coaches and athletes.
Decree of the Head of State established that the contingent of sports schools of excellence will include athletes from the main composition and the reserve of national teams in sports, who will be provided free accommodation and 4 meals daily, as well as sports equipment and special uniform.
According to the document it is necessary to establish the Department for the formation and training of national teams in sports with 3 units, with an increase in the limit of the total number of managerial staff of the Ministry up to 54 units within the Department of the Olympic and sports reserve of the Ministry of Culture and Sports. This department is entrusted to coordinate sports schools of excellence, specialized youth sports schools and colleges of Olympic reserve, training of national teams to participate in international competitions.