NEWS AND EVENTS
July 31, 2015
REGIONS: TERMEZ CITY... A general plan of development of Termez for the period up to 2035 approved
Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers approved the general plan of the city of Termez on the period up to 2035.
The document was adopted for further comprehensive development of the city of Termez, improving the quality and level of planning, as well as the city infrastructure.
The basic provisions of the master plan provides its further development as administrative, economic, cultural and industrial center of Surkhandarya region.
Particular attention in general plan is paid to the following challenges:
- Development and implementation of measures for land development of the city, including lowering the groundwater level on the basis of scientific hydrogeological studies;
- Reconstruction of the central part of the city of Termez;
- Withdrawal of environmentally harmful facilities outside the city;
- Reorganization and modernization of the physical infrastructure with regard to modern resource-saving technologies;
- Complex beautification, landscaping and traffic arteries.