NEWS AND EVENTS
November 17, 2004
ORDER OF MEDIA USE IN PRE-ELECTION CAMPAIGN APPROVED
Central Electoral Commission of Uzbekistan adopted a resolution on 8 November 2004 on use of media by political parties, initiative groups of voters and deputy contenders during the election campaign to the Legislative Chamber of Oliy Majlis.
To create equal opportunities to use media outlets, the commission resolved that political parties, initiative groups of voters and deputy contenders should appear in all media in the alphabetic order.
This means the parties will appear in the media, regardless of their form of ownership, in the following order:
1. Adolat social-democratic party of Uzbekistan;
2. Milliy Tiklanish democratic party of Uzbekistan;
3. Centre for Support of Independent Contenders;
4. Businessmen and Entrepreneurs? Movement (Liberal-Democratic Party) of Uzbekistan;
5. Fidokorlar national-democratic party of Uzbekistan;
6. People?s Democratic Party of Uzbekistan.
Besides, according to the resolution, the weekly timetable
of appearance of participants of the pre-election campaign at Uzbekiston and Yoshlar TV channels, and Uzbekistan and Yoshlar radio stations will be approved, as well as the order of allocation of place in Khalq Sozi, Narodnoye Slovo and Pravda Vostoka newspapers.
The Uzbek Agency of Press and Information has been entrusted to monitor the appearances of representatives of political parties, initiative groups of voters and deputy contenders in the country?s media during the whole period of the pre-election campaign, and submit the monitoring results to the Central Electoral Commission.