NEWS AND EVENTS
November 24, 2014
Small business entities during the first 9 months of 2014 produced 52.9% of total GDP of Uzbekistan
The amount of goods produced by small business entities in January-September 2014 made up 52.9% of total GDP, which is 1.7% higher than in the corresponding period of last year (51.2%). The share of small enterprises in GDP in January-September 2014 made up 29.2%, compared to 28.6% in January-September 2013.
In addition, small businesses in January-September 2014:
- provided employment to 9803.9 thousands of people or 76.5% of all the employed in the economy, including in the private sector – 7452.4 thousand, in small enterprises – 2351.5 thousand;
- produced industrial products worth 16929.0 billion soums (31.1% of the total industrial production of the Republic) or 118.0% to the level of January-September 2013; (currency rates of CB RU from 24.11.2014 1$= 2396.79 soums)
- realized investments worth 7900.9 billion soums (33.2% of the total volume of investments of the Republic), or 114.4% to the level of January-September 2013;
- implemented construction works worth 10321.7 billion soums (68.7% of the total volume of construction works) or 112.5% to the level of January-September 2013;
- ensured the growth of freight turnover of motor transport by 9.2% (81.7% of the total turnover of the Republic), passenger by 7.6% (87.7% of total passenger turnover);
- formed 45.4% of the total retail trade turnover, which amounted to 18929.3 billion soums (increase by 12.3%), paid services respectively made up 47.0% and 7556.1 billion soums (an increase of 15.1%);
- exported products (goods and services) worth $2668.9 million (24.0% of total exports), imported - $4580.0 million (45.0% of total imports).
The number of employed in the private sector of small business amounted to 9020.5 thousand people or 92.0% of total employment in this sphere.