EMBASSY OF UZBEKISTAN TO THE UNITED STATES
NEWS AND EVENTS
2017
2016
2015
2014
2013
2012
2011
2010
2009
2008
2007
2006
2005
2004

 
NEWS AND EVENTS
August 24, 2012
Technological Horizons: Uzbek and Chinese companies to implement a joint project
Uzbekistan continues to implement the project that will create a unified information network that will link all universities of the country and will integrate them with international educational resources.

The Chinese company, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd will supply telecommunications equipment for the E-education fiber-optic network that is now being created in Uzbekistan. The contract worth over $ 12.4 million has been signed between Uzbektelecom and Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. The total cost of the project to create the national network of E-education will exceed $ 16.6 million.

The fiber-optic network E-education was launched in September 2011.

It brings together 83 higher education institutions. Specialists work to connect institutions of secondary specialized vocational education to the network too. E-education should store various educational materials available in all schools. It will embrace virtual library, electronic educational resources of the universities. The network will help to introduce elements of distanced education and to organize videoconferencing. Special Center for Implementation e-learning was created to coordinate these activities.

According to the technical and economic assessment of the project approved by the head of state, 164 educational institutions of Uzbekistan, including their branches and departments will be connected to the network.

Chinese equipment is purchased at Uzbektelecomís own expense. 15% of the contractís value will be paid in the form of the advance payment. The remaining 85% will go by installments, thirty equal monthly payments at the interest rate of 2.2% per annum.

The President of Uzbekistan has freed from customs duties till 1 January 2011 the telecommunications equipment, materials and spare parts that are not produced in the country which are being imported in Uzbekistan by Uzbektelecom within the framework of the project. (Source: Uzbekistan Today newspaper)


Back

   Back to the top    Print version   
© 2004, Embassy of Uzbekistan to the United States.
All Rights Reserved.
 Design.uz Studio
Design.uz Studio
Site Development