NEWS AND EVENTS
May 15, 2012
Uzulgurjisavdoinvest Association and farms of Uzbekistan signed first ever futures contracts
In 2012, the divisions of Uzulgurjisavdoinvest association signed first ever futures contracts with the farmers of Uzbekistan to supply 122 thousand tons of fruits and vegetables in autumn. Advance payments amounted to 38 billion soums (official exchange rate 1USD=1985,13 UZS). According to the concluded contracts in autumn wholesalers of agricultural will get products on spring prices.
Besides the fact that the manufacturers got an opportunity for economic maneuver before sowing, this approach reduces the cost of goods for consumers, the people, said Mirzohid Mirkamilov, deputy chairman of Uzulgurjisavdoinvest association.
\"The Presidential Decree of March 30, 2011 \"On reforming the structure and increase of effectiveness of Uzulgurjisavdoinvest association\" has put a number of important tasks before us,\" he explained.
- Accumulation of food stocks of domestic production, especially fresh fruits and vegetables, grapes and melons, and organization of supplies for export;
- Purchase of horticultural products and potatoes from farming enterprises, their proper storage and sustainable supply in the winter-spring period;
- Marketing study of the domestic consumer market, implementation of measures to ensure smooth and reliable retail network, especially in rural, remote and inaccessible locations with socially important food products;
- Development and strengthening of the financial and technical base of wholesale organizations, construction, reconstruction and modernization of specialized storage facilities for finished food products and fresh horticultural products, equipping them with modern warehouse, commercial and refrigeration equipment;
- Coordination of distribution centers and assisting them in establishing and strengthening relationships with manufacturers of food products.
Mirzohid Mirkamilov noted that today Uzulgurjisavdoinvest association includes 71 wholesale warehouses. To create additional facilities for the population 1,346 branded stores opened at warehouses, including a showroom, two supermarkets, 78 convenience stores, as well as a mini-bakery with capacity of 70 tons of tin bread.
Today, most of storage tanks and cooling units were reconstructed, which provides an annual tab and storage of 20 thousand tons of crops in the winter, including 4,000 tons of agriculture products and over 2,100 tons of rice.
146 pieces of equipment that facilitates centralized delivery of goods in retail outlets purchased.
Sholiinvest enterprise for growing rice has been established in Muzrabad area of Surkhandarya region. Last year, it provided 5,000 tons of rice and 300 tons of legumes from 2,500 hectares.
Last year a modern fridge with capacity of 3,000 tons, equipped with the latest equipment of Europe and South Korean manufacturers was put into operation in Yangikurgan district of Namangan region. In 2011-2015, the industry will have to upgrade and build new specialized storages with capacity of the 68,000 tons.
In 2012, it is scheduled to procure 70,000 tons of potatoes, onions and other foodstuffs for the uninterrupted supply to the population in the winter-spring period, Mirzohid Mirkamilov concluded. (Source: Uzreport.com)