Regulations for human remains shipping
Documents, to be presented to the Embassy
or Consulate General of Uzbekistan
for the issuance of a Death Certificate.
- Embalming by US standard method.
- Use of hermetically sealed zinc casket, sealed in presence of the Consular officer.
- Use of wood outer shipping container.
- Passport of the deceased.
- Certified copy of the Death Certificate.
- Locally issued burial and/or transit permit.
- Embalmers (non-contraband) affidavit.
Human remains can not be shipped to Uzbekistan without a Death Certificate issued by the Embassy of Uzbekistan in Washington, DC, or Consulate General of Uzbekistan in New York City.
Human remains can be cremated only upon written statement issued by the Embassy or Consulate General of Uzbekistan.
There is no fee for the issuance of a Death Certificate.